Early Kats renditions.

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 16:04:25 -0500

At 02:35 PM 5/5/96 +0700, you wrote:
>How different is the original TurboKat from the one that we saw on TV?
>
>Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id

        Good Question. I wanna know too. All I've seen is a small
poster of an early version of the SWAT Kats in WCK #1. From the way
I've gone on about that article, don't get the impression that it was
anything big, just a tiny mention and postage stamp size image, so
insignificant that I didn't bother to scan it. But anyway, the image
was of an early rendition of the SWAT Kats, T-Bone was much shorter
and stockier than on the show, and Razor was a smaller Kat with a
skinny little neck and a big helmet that made him look kind of dorky.
They were in the blue and *yellow* suits, and the scene had a
pinkish purple background. There were what looked like some small
rat-like creatures, perhaps early version of the Creeplings(?), in
the corners of the poster. Anyway, the TurboKat was in the
background and it looked *ugly* IMO, light blue under a heck of a lot
of black ink that looked like reentry burns, with an usually large
nose and, and these sharp things jutting out of its nose. Above all
of it was the original version of the SWAT Kats logo in black with a
fairly boring font, given intentionally rough edges, and with a black
and red target in the center. That's all I can remember for now. I
can probably give a more accurate description if I had it in front of
me. I'm just glad that SWAT Kats evolved into what is instead of
staying that way.

Kevin L. Knoles