Re: Early Kats renditions.

From: Michael J. Rider <jaguar_at_warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 19:19:23 -0400

On Wed, 15 May 1996 15:09:18 +0700 Edo Andromedo wrote:

>>>Can you scan it? I think that the rest of us on the list want to see that
>>>image, no matter how small it is.
>>
>>Well, I don't really know how to covert images to text for E-mailing,
>
>Have you try using UUlite?

Any decent mail application should be able to encode and attach files.
UUEncode is a slightly dated format for mail. MIME is much newer and
better generally.

>But send it to rat.org of course, the list is no place to send a binary file.

If there is an uproar about sending fanfics to the list there is bound to
be something even worse about that. Sending binaries to a mailing list is
a _very_ bad idea.

If you can use an ftp client to "put" things to rat.org that's much more
appropriate. I think the guidelines for doing that are around somewhere.

    / Michael J. Rider / :o o:
   / jaguar_at_warwick.net /________oOOo_==( ^ )==_oOOo__________
  / ULC Minister/Furry Feline / ' /
 / Jason_Jaguar on FurryMUCK / Hey, what's going on up here? /
    / Brain> Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering? /
   / Pinky> Wuh, I think so, Brain, but isn't Regis Philbin /
  / already married? /