Re: Early Kats renditions.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 09:38:02 -0700

>> Good Question. I wanna know too. All I've seen is a small
>>poster of an early version of the SWAT Kats in WCK #1. From the way
>
> Now that I do have it in front of me I can give a more accurate
>description. Their flight suits were blue and black, but not yellow.
>I think the yellow was actually supposed to be a lighting effect.
>Razor did kind of look like a dork, but it wasn't really because his
>helmet was too big, but rather because he was giving a salute while
>resting one arm on a small missle standing upright next to him, with
>his opposite foot on a box, and his sleeve on the arm he was resting on
>the missle was several inches too long so it drooped.

Okay, I think WCK must've run pics from the same generation of concept
drawings that spawned the first pic in Mark Lungo's SwatKats article, and
a pic of the guys running towards our POV in that "Toon" article some time
back. Picture coming up with those designs at the H-B level, then being told
to "age" your audience five or six years. You end up with what we're familiar
with, don't you?