Re: The War on Atlanta!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

>Fleertup: "Eep! Jane! Stop this crazy thing! Can't we all just watch
> Captain Planet (tm) and be friends?"
><The angry mob of Katfans begins to close around Ted.>

*** Interlude two ***
<Meanwhile, on a lonely highway, somewhere North of Williamsburg>
The diesel-belching bus continued on its southern heading, gobbling up the
miles like Terra eats popcorn.

DJ had been clutching the borrowed sword for most of the trip. It was really
nice of Ed Rudnicki to loan her one of his best. He had told her some of its
history, but her mind had been on planning for the trip, and she had missed
most of the story. "I'm sure Ed will understand- too bad he didn't write the
info down for me." She *did* remember that it was made from meteoric steel,
since Ed had stressed that.

She had been planning to work on one of her many projected fanfics, but
sitting in the bus holding the sword she had begun to think of a different
story entirely. It was a fantasy story involving a sword not unlike the one
she held. Somehow, she had gotten the idea of a sword that held the soul of
its creator, posessing many hidden powers. To work out bits of the dialog,
she had begun to talk to the sword, and imagine how it would respond.

"Sooon we will reach the fabled city of Atlanta, and join the army of the
Katfans!"
DJ paused, thinking. Such a sword must have a name, but she couldn't
remember if Ed had mentioned one. Oh well.
"Beware, young warrior!" she imagined the sword replying- "The enemy you
face is powerful, and not unlike the many-headed hydra. You must find the
Original, the UR-TED, if you are to put an end to its evil rein!"
"UR-TED? Now where in the world did I get that?" she asked herself....

The bus shifted to a lower gear to climb a hill, with the engine racing, as
if in reply.
=^^=