Re: Sally's Divine Right

From: <gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 10:04:35 -0500 (EST)

> All this talk about genetics. What is Sally? Is she a fox, a ground squirrel,
> or maybe a little of both?
>
> Has anybody entertainted the thought that Earth genetics might not be
> consistant with other planets? And not only that, but royal customs don't
> necessarly have to be the same as old European Monarchy. Maybe cross-breeding
> no no-problem on Mobius. A lot of Maybes and no answers, but I just had to
> point out that we are applying Human logic to Mobius, and that might not be
> the best thing in the world to try.
The whole cross-breeding thing was given a pretty good spin by David
Pistone, plus keep in mind that the StH universe isn't the only cartoon
universe we've seen where offspring are definitely one species or another.
So, yes, I believe the general consensus is that Sally's mother is a
ground squirrel (or whatever species Sally herself is).

What we really need is a detailed story of Robotnik's initial coup, answering
questions about Sonic's parents, Sally's mother, etc. Of course, you
couldn't really get away with slapstick in a story like this one, and
Archie may not be up to the task!

> Of course you could be one of the people that thinks that Mobius might
> actually be Earth in a different time, in which case I don't know what
> I'm talking about. ;-)
Well, there's a debate here as well. Personally, I'm on the "Mobius
is another world entirely" side, and in fact I like to think of Mobius
being in a whole other universe, one where magic exists and, on
planets like Mobius, is often used hand-in-hand with technology.

<sigh>, yet another Saturday without Sonic. Guess I'll go watch
"The Tick"...

later---Kris

--
*******Robin Hood (Kris Kelley) gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu*****************
* fnord-42-froinlaven-cowabunga-the truth is out there-get out-spin dash *