Re: (fwd) Video Stuff:"Kat-Traptions?"

From: <fayxx001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 95 11:31:10 -0500

Andy Hill wrote:
> I watched the "Deadly Dr. Viper" one last night (well, I guess 1am
>qualifies it for "this morning"), and the video quality is _superb_
>(there is also no evidence of Macrovision for those tempted to make copies).

No Macrovision is definitely good to hear, NOT because you can make copies
but because Macrovision tends to degrade the video quality of a tape when
it is used.

By all means _buy_ these tapes if you're interested. They're cheap enough,
and we should support the series and Turner Home Video's decision not to
use Macrovision (Turner may be a clown, but his subsidiaries are capable
of doing quality work, e.g., "The Golden Age of Looney Tunes" laserdisc
sets).

-Tim