Re: (fwd) Video Stuff:"Kat-Traptions?"

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 10:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 1995 fayxx001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu wrote:

> No Macrovision is definitely good to hear, NOT because you can make copies
> but because Macrovision tends to degrade the video quality of a tape when
> it is used.
>
> By all means _buy_ these tapes if you're interested. They're cheap enough,
> and we should support the series and Turner Home Video's decision not to
> use Macrovision (Turner may be a clown, but his subsidiaries are capable
> of doing quality work, e.g., "The Golden Age of Looney Tunes" laserdisc
> sets).

    Ouch...yeah, I guess I left the "pirate" impression - but _please_ do
purchase the tapes rather than copy them, every dollar you spend is money
to Turner, but it's also a vote for the show. I merely mentioned the
"copy" aspect because so far the tapes are only available for RENT
everywhere I've looked in Canada, and I'm not a happy Kat. Like I said
on the newsgroups, not everything Ted's ever done is clueless, but when
he screws up, he does it in a BIG way.
     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",
    after hearing that viewers expected constant action, rather than a
                        "gentle history lesson"