Re: The Void

From: <BBlaze_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 19:26:29 -0400

>And what is it anyway?

   As far as I can tell, the Void is some type of gateway to someplace else.
 Maybe another dimension, maybe another planet, maybe sometime in future
Mobius. I appear to think that I believe I heard that Naugus actually
invented it. Robotnik just opened it for him to go in and never let him out.

>[NOP!]...how is he able to move it from where it was
>in "Game Guy" to where it was in "The Void"?

   Well, there's a device that can open it and close it for him so all he has
to do is move the device. (Depending on how big the thing is, this might be
a lot harder that it sounds.)
   So let's guess how big it is. In "The Void," Naugus was the one who
opened it in the Great Unknown. (And left an artifact for Sonic to find.)
 It opened waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere. Later, when Sonic went to
rescue Sally and Bunnie, Robotnik closed the Void after Sonic jumped in.
 This means that this device that Robotnik uses to control the Void is very
portable and can fit in a hover unit. Or extremely huge and sits in the
middle of Robotropolis where Robotnik can control the Void form the safety of
his command center. I'd guess it to be big because Snively pushed a button
or does something on a consol in the command center to close the Void instead
of ordering one of the Swat-bots at the scene to do it for him.

   -B.B.

   "Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I
wasn't previously aware of."
   -Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy