Re: Forthcoming Sonic story survey

From: Alessandro Sanasi <sanasi_at_deco.franken.de>
Date: 26 Feb 1995 18:43:00 +0100

On 25 Feb 95, Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 wrote:

> I don't want to give very much away, but I will say this much. Everyone
> on the list will go to Mobius and help the Freedom Fighters there. There
> will be some simulated list discussion about the trip in the story.

A story that starts with a long simulated discussion might get a little
boring at the beginning...

> I don't want to use someone's name without some sort of permission. Not
> everyone will have their name used either. Those who do reply may see
> something like Rotor asking you for help with something, or Sonic grabs
> you and takes off. Those who don't reply or don't want their names used
> will be parts of anonymous groups.

As I understood the cartoon the technology on Mobius is far more
sophisticated than everything we have on Earth (anti-grav units, humanoid
robots, intelligent computer that fit into a persons pocket etc.). In
addition to that, none of us knows the environment there. What kind of
help could anyone of us be except making some chili dogs (with extra
relish) or being cannon fodder when it comes to a fight?

> We are going as ourselves, and with the intention of returning to Earth.

Earth people wouldn't fit very well into a world like Mobius. Hope you
have a really skilled storywriter to aid you with this problem.

> > And what if someone on the list wants to play a bad guy? (:3

> Surely you're not pro-Robotnik. Or are you? With Robotnik and Snively
> around, Mobius doesn't need any more villains.

Now _this_ could be fun: something like a deserter who decides to serve
Robotnik for fame and profit. Everyone on this list knows a lot about
Sonic and the Freedom Fighters and therefore could be a real thread when
working for Robotnik.

Take it easy

Alessandro
---
You get what anyone gets. You get a lifetime.