Re: Why Canceled?

From: <LtFFeral_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 13:28:08 -0400

>><< 6 >>
>>I KNOW TED TURNER PERSONALLY. HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH MY BEST FRIENDS DAD.
>
>It's a bit of a stretch for me to take something like this at face value
from
>someone
>versed in AOHELL with a stuck caps-lock key. To be perfectly honest,
there's
>no longer anything clever about musical Amerika On-Hold addresses; in fact,
>it's
>become rather stale. (Though I do like the choice of "Psycrow" from
>"Earthworm
>Jim" as a tag...so you can't be a total ninny).

Oh, gee, thanks Chance!!! =) AOL does suck, though. (BTW-I love EWJ!)

>As far as Ted watching the shows as part of some formal "review" or other,
>yeah...
>I'd expect he does that, and probably didn't catch the 'Kats until some late
>date in its broadcast run. I don't expect it would've gotten off the ground
>had
>he seen glimpses of something like "The Giant Bacteria" in its infancy;
>something
>borne out by the later fascination of the execs WRT storyboard approval of
>Kats, and a recent event with "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest".

Maybe someone should point Ted towards an ep of Mighty Morphin Chowder
Rangers and see what he says about violent content! =)

>"We have more cartoons than anybody; 'The Jetsons', 'The Flintstones',
> 'Scooby Doo'. They're non-violent, unlike some OTHER cartoons out
> there."
> -- Ted Turner

Oh, and what about those WPT's, Ted? You consider George n' Junior, Shake n'
Flick, etc. to be non-violent? ...And Capt. Planet. That's sure non-violent.
And don't forget...(I could do this all day =))

Lt FFeral_at_aol.com
Kris Clawson
...who is now reading The Witching Hour, Terra. =)
"Jim, those are my comic books!"
"So, are you sugguesting they are less than completely factual?"
"No, I just don't want you to wreck them!"