Re: Why Canceled?

From: Kay Chang <kaychang_at_eden.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 12:29:39 -0500 (CDT)

>>><< 6 >>
>>>I KNOW TED TURNER PERSONALLY. HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH MY BEST FRIENDS DAD.

Yeah, so what? He's your friend's dad's friend. Don't ya just love this
sorta thing? Y'know: "He said she said they said we said I said you
said...." and that sorta thing? ;)

>>It's a bit of a stretch for me to take something like this at face value
>from
>>someone
>>versed in AOHELL with a stuck caps-lock key. To be perfectly honest,
>there's
>>no longer anything clever about musical Amerika On-Hold addresses; in fact,
>>it's
>>become rather stale. (Though I do like the choice of "Psycrow" from
>>"Earthworm
>>Jim" as a tag...so you can't be a total ninny).
>
>Oh, gee, thanks Chance!!! =) AOL does suck, though. (BTW-I love EWJ!)

Yeah, 's funny. However, I'm too lazy (sleepy, too) to get up when they show
it here.

>>As far as Ted watching the shows as part of some formal "review" or other,
>>yeah...
>>I'd expect he does that, and probably didn't catch the 'Kats until some late
>>date in its broadcast run. I don't expect it would've gotten off the ground
>>had
>>he seen glimpses of something like "The Giant Bacteria" in its infancy;
>>something
>>borne out by the later fascination of the execs WRT storyboard approval of
>>Kats, and a recent event with "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest".

That's something I don't get. The "Real" adventures? Then what were the
others? The product of some sick, deranged, deprived, crazy mind? Oh, wait,
don't answer that. We already know. ;)

>Maybe someone should point Ted towards an ep of Mighty Morphin Chowder
>Rangers and see what he says about violent content! =)

Hmm. What about "G-Force"? I've seen a few eps. of that, and let me tell
you, they have at least one REALLY BIG explosion every time. And they show
the people getting killed (i.e. one time the girl kicked a goonie onto some
spikes. He slid off, and you could see some green glop left on the spikes.
Ewwwwwww...)

>>"We have more cartoons than anybody; 'The Jetsons', 'The Flintstones',
>> 'Scooby Doo'. They're non-violent, unlike some OTHER cartoons out
>> there."
>> -- Ted Turner
>
>Oh, and what about those WPT's, Ted? You consider George n' Junior, Shake n'
>Flick, etc. to be non-violent? ...And Capt. Planet. That's sure non-violent.
>And don't forget...(I could do this all day =))

Me too.

>Lt FFeral_at_aol.com
>Kris Clawson
>...who is now reading The Witching Hour, Terra. =)

You are? Cool! D'you like it so far? I have it, but I haven't started
reading it yet. (On the AR list, some people like that best. So far I've
read all of her books except her Lives of the Mayfair Witches and the Beauty
Trilogy. I'd recomend you read IWTV next. Unless, of course, you want to
finish the series. Then, try Lasher. Gee, ain't this off-topic? ;) )

>"Jim, those are my comic books!"
>"So, are you sugguesting they are less than completely factual?"
>"No, I just don't want you to wreck them!"

Y'know, this sorta sounds like the comic book arguement thingy Jake and
Chance, then later, Razor and T-Bone had in "A Bright And Shiny Future."
Remember? "Razor, don't bend the pages!"

Terra Chang
the Reality Jumper
...right now reading The Vampire Lestat graphic novel.
Also known as
C'est Moi!
the white cat
...who has and never will have the same problems the White Rabbit did.

"Let me warn you ahead of time. If you hear Ami scream, ignore it. If she's
still screaming after ten seconds, it means I need help. And if you hear me
screaming, call an ambulance."
                                              --Mina, from "Of Love and Crystal"