chance's expertise on nearly everything!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

>>chance, from his Kats-emblem mil-jeep: "You know, those Brit. Puppet SF
>>shows: Thunderbirds, Fireball XL-5, and Supercar! Thunderbirds was created
>>1965-69 (50 min. episodes) by Sylvia and Gerry Anderson, for ATV network.
>>Dennis Spooner, Alan Fennell, Donald Robertson, Martin Crump, and Alan
>>Pattillo were writers. Most notable because Derek Meddings supervised the
>>model effects, and he was later to become known for his work in Star Wars.
>>Now Supercar scripts were written by...."
>
>ROTFLMAO!! That made my day. Yep, some days said Jeep belongs
>to first platoon, company "B", Royal Canadian Anal Anecdotes Battalion
>(you know, the one that *didn't* torture people in Somalia....)
>
>(BTW, you forgot "Space: 1999")
No I didn't! I didn't mention UFO, or Space:1999 on purpose.

chance: "UFO? I forgot that Brit TV series, (1969-70) by Gerry and Sylvia
Anderson! The writers for that one included Tony Barwick, David Tomblin,
Ruric Powell, Dennis Spooner, Alan Fennell and Terence Feely, didn't they?
Meddings did the special effects for that one too, as I recall!"

me: Right, chance! But even though the live-action actors in UFO managed to
look more like puppets than the T-Birds (Hoo Boy! That Gabby Drake as Lt.
Gay Ellis!) I consider both to be in the live-action category, while the
puppet shows I think of as honorary animation! Do you concur?
=^^=