Re: chance's expertise on nearly everything!

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 07:34:02 -0700

>Can I get counted as an honorary Can-Uck since I live so close to the
>border? (I went to school *north* of the Canadian border, too!) I got to
>watch 8th Man and other proto-anime on Windsor TV (and thought curling was a
>regular sport 'cuz they showed it all the time!) eh?

...and I think the sport was invented by natives of the Reallyhavetoomuchtimeonourhands
Band, whose members used to sweep the floor before visiting dignitaries from Ottawa.
As the bureaucracy increased, so did the visits, and the sweepers honed their art
to perfection - creating a nationally recognized Drill Team and a new sport in the process.

Of course, now we use the brooms to hasten said bureaucrats on their way
("Shoo...filthy beast!") as opposed to welcoming them, but eyahh....it's the
thought that counts.

Come to think of it, out of all the shots we've seen of Annie and Katseye news, the
public functions and whatnot, various scenes of kids'n'such, I think the only two
visible sports I recall are Golf and Volleyball.

(I hope they don't have curling for Mayor Manx's sake. The bristles are so hard
  to remove from one's posterior....)