Re: "Captain Planet": Budgetary Vampire??

From: Eemella <gvvy03_at_snowcrest.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 13:07:35 -0700

>Terra scribbled:
>
>>Not exactly. Things like promoting (bleah) Jonny Quest, or Captain Planet.
>>And if one of those kooky and stupid ideas of his backfires on him--bring
>>out the milk and all that good stuff!! ;)

Watch as Tedco dies!

>Now now...play nice. Davis Doi, Lance Falk, Glenn Leopold and a few others
>essentially *are* "Jonny Quest" now that Lawrence and Takashi have gone on to
>browner pastures, and this was the same gang that gave us all those wonderful
>katseps.

Then.... watch as a bunch of angry Tedco workers revolt up against Ted's
ugly rule, and in the prosess, Ted dies, and the person who takes his place
is a Kats lover. But that's wishful thinking again.

>"Captain Planet" on the other hand is very much like one of your vampires: it
>lives forever at the expense of everything else.

That reminds me. I was watching TV and my idiot brother was watching that
foul show. Luckally, the show ended, and what did I see? The first thing
that popped up on the credits was: Idea thought up by, executave producer,
or something along that line by: Ted Turner. No wonder that damn show is so
popular in the Tedco industry! Ted "the glow in the dark dog hair eating
snot nosed hoping to be marryed to a non albino yak, or Hillary Clinton
whever comes first so he can sleep easy and because I said so" Turner! You
can TELL I dislike him even more for vommiting up Captian Pukeron television
screens everywhere!

>(Ehh...when I'm nasty like that, you kind of have to picture a Monty
Python-type
> delivery rather than anything more savage. Pointy sarcasm/satire is an awful
> lot of fun, and the mainstay of political cartoonists everywhere irrespective
> of the medium.)

Uh, yeah. Ditto!
Ryan "Snoopy" [Your nickname here:] Kelley
SWAT Kats Mega extremist, anime fan. Who is going out of his mind.
"No, you can't stop using Waisgoos because I gave it to you!" -Kristin Schaffer