"Captain Planet": Budgetary Vampire??

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:59:35 -0700

Terra scribbled:

>Not exactly. Things like promoting (bleah) Jonny Quest, or Captain Planet.
>And if one of those kooky and stupid ideas of his backfires on him--bring
>out the milk and all that good stuff!! ;)

Now now...play nice. Davis Doi, Lance Falk, Glenn Leopold and a few others
essentially *are* "Jonny Quest" now that Lawrence and Takashi have gone on to
browner pastures, and this was the same gang that gave us all those wonderful
katseps. Turner's already had 9 mil worth of public humiliation WRT "Real Adventures",
and for the sake of the gang working on it, I hope it does well. With the appropriate
surgery, I could probably care less about Ted's bottom-line.

"Captain Planet" on the other hand is very much like one of your vampires: it
lives forever at the expense of everything else.

(Ehh...when I'm nasty like that, you kind of have to picture a Monty Python-type
  delivery rather than anything more savage. Pointy sarcasm/satire is an awful
  lot of fun, and the mainstay of political cartoonists everywhere irrespective
  of the medium.)