Re: Education and Religion

From: ARTHUR JOHN FREDA <ah518_at_traverse.lib.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 15:53:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Brother Buford wrote:

> I just saw "Chaos in Crystal" again, and Chance said something to the effect
> of "I'm gonna load a sonic boom on that New Age nightmare" referring to
> Shard's crystalline makeup. Isn't New Age stuff a form of religion? And if
> there's New Age, aren't there some other forms of religion? I mean, if it's
> "new" isn't there an "old"?

        The reason T-Bone called him a New Ager is because in the New Age
religion, it's just like Pocahontas: Everything has a spirit, a name,
etc.... trees, rocks, grass, you name it. In this case, Shard was a
"living" piece of crystal.

A.J. Freda "They now know they have more to fear than
ah518_at_traverse.lib.mi.us Tyrannosaurs! Now they face an even GREATER
SWATKATSWATKATSWATKATS danger... TYRANNOSAURS IN F-14s!!!"
SWATKATSWATKATSWATKATS -Calvin & Hobbes