Re: Kat Kommandos

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 08:26:25 -0700

Quoter Eats Poster: Film at 11

>Seeing the comments on Megawar II, do you suppose Prof. Hackle is like
>Werner von Braun? i.e. he was on the losing side, but was 'adopted' by the
>military because of his abilities? There might be a lot of personality
>parallels there... Oh! that might be a good Megawar II story- concentrating
>on Hackle and the development of rockets and missiles. What do you think,
>chance?

I really like it. Yeah, you could have Hackle be a parallel of any of the V2
scientists, er...'imported', to the 'States after the War, and he could be just
as integral to MASA as Von Braun and cronies were to NASA. Good idea.
You wouldn't need to do anything with the accent either. 'Course, we'd
have to come up with a suitable kat-synonym for "Peenumunde".

>Has anybody noticed the ! NEW ! SK promos on CTN ? (at least I hadn't seen
>them before) One ends with an exploding 'giant bacteria', and the word
>KatFood is typed on the screen, one shows scenes from Ghost Pilot, and ends
>with the scene where the biplace wings get sliced off, and Red Lynx looks
>shocked- "Kitty Litter" gets typed over his face. There's another promo just
>for the Saturday _at_ 2:00 pm showing. Maybe it's a good sign that they're
>actually airing promos for Kats?

I don't get TCN, but from friends who do, I get the impression that there
aren't really too many programs that could be dubbed "stars" in their lineup.
There's a couple of things in development for TCN at the moment (in
addition to "Dexter's Lab" and "The New Adventures of Jonny Quest"),
but does anyone else find it strange that TCN has no problem identifying
a winner where certain other arms of Tedco wouldn't be able to if it
bit them on the ass? Eh, go fig (or look forward to another rehash of
'The Jetsons' - whichever comes first).

I think I already mentioned this, but a casual acquaintance on rec.arts.animation
(nobody associated with the show, though), tells me that "one of my friends
is now answering fan mail at TCN, and he tells me that they get a *ton* of
kats-related e-mail there. He also tells me that all outgoing mail is read first."