Re: Think about it...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:19:07 -0800

>At 01:27 AM 2/26/96 +0700, you wrote:
>
>>Do they got the tools to make a jet? Besides, they will get arrested if
>>they take public property from the road (The scrap metal that was once
>>called jets and choppers.). And I think that a TurboKat that made by those
>>scrap metal from the road can be easy detected by the Enforcer radar.
>
>Since thier job is to run the scrapyard, the junk gets delivered to them.
>They don't have to pick it up. No one is going to care, or notice, what
>becomes of that junk once it hits the yard. The kats aren't real big on
>recycling.

You would not *believe* the stuff that gets chucked out in Military
scrapyards. I was just in the Disposal yard of Malmstrom AFB in
Great Falls, Montana and they had *tons* of electronic consoles
and radar/guidance gear just lying out in the snow ready for a visit
from a bucket shovel.

Where does the TK get fuel? We bought 121 jeeps from the AFB
scrapyard, and each had 5-15 gallons of fuel inside. I'd assume
the Kat-guys would have access to at least similar amounts - they work
for the Government still - even if their new vocation is junkpatrol.

>A interesting question is how do Jake and Chance manage to buy all the jet
>fuel and explosives they need without someone taking notice? Most likely,
>they have friends in high places. The Swat Kats are more popular with the
>mayor than Feral is, and definitely more popular with Callie, so I expect
>she probably arranges for the Swat Kats to get what they need.

>And once Mayor Manx did pay to get the TurboKat replaced as a reward for
>saving the city.

Twice, I think. Once at the end of the first season with "Katastrophe" and once
before in, what, "Enter the Madkat" maybe? Someone correct me - I haven't got
time to go check!