Re: Kat Decency

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 96 13:27:44 EST

>I was thinking about this today and wondering if anyone else had given it
>any thought...

I think the word you want is "modesty".

>We have always seen the Kats clothed, but is it acceptable in thier society
>to not wear anything at all?

Given that it's acceptable in ours, under limited circumstances, and
given that our clothing in most cases derived from a need for
protection from the elements, which Kats having fur don't need as
much, I'd say it's acceptable in their society. Not all the time,
but moreso than ours.

In addition to protection from the elements and modesty, clothing
also serves to denote status. Ferinstance, as a professional I have
to wear this silly useless noose around my neck. Some call it a
"tie". Additionally, clothing is used to project an image. So Kats
wear clothes for many of the same reason hy00mans do, but the
"protection from the elements" aspect is not as important.

Ed