Re: Married?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 16:25:31 -0800

>Felina would marry somebody, but Jake is not the guy that she would marry
>to, Jake is just too commited to Chance and the SwatKats. BTW, I don't
>think that Felina is that violent, she just handle things differently.

Yeah, the common misconception that everyone who has to "take out the trash"
in their capacity as either a soldier or police-officer is somehow an intrinsically violent individual
is patently absurd. Look how many farm-boys and guys-next-door had to fight the Second
World War - I don't suppose they all came back to be mass murderers and assassins, huh?
I know a few cops to varying degrees - some of whom are quite like Felina - and they only
take confrontations to the physical level in the absence of any other solution. It's not "violent" -
it's "escalating response". I like the Felina character because she's not the whiny, helpless
damsel-in-distress type personality which is often depicted twisting her ankle or something
while running from the nasty-du-jour. She deals with the situation without putting her hands
over her ears and screaming - identifying the problem, coming up with a viable solution to it, and
carrying it out with a minimum of hysteria and concern over lost purses and such. Precious few
of these folks around - especially among the ranks of ex-girlfriends!