Re: 4500 mph???!!!

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 14:00:15 EDT

>Another thing that has always made me scratch my head.
>Why they always fly so low no matter where they're going??
>Would there be any benefit, besides vibrating every window in MKcity??

There would only be two reasons to fly so low: 1. If they're trying
to avoid radar (or being spotted visually). 2. If they're so close
to the threat that there's no point in climbing.

In addition to rattling windows, low level flight consumes more fuel
and gives you a rougher ride than high altitude.

Ed Rudnicki
erudnick_at_pica.army.mil
Oculis numquam claudentibus