Re: Misc. Ramblings ...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 1995 22:56:09 -0700

>On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, ARTHUR JOHN FREDA wrote:
>>
>> P.S. Also, how fast is the speed of heat?
>
>Varies depending on the conductivity of the medium you're talking about I
>suppose. Infra-red radiation, being EM, travels at the speed 3x10^8 m/s.

Ut-oh...the "math thing"...I have to go lie down now..

>RE: Kats Shaving?
>I always thought shaving for Kats meant trimming their whiskers ... which
>was why Feral had a moustache and T-Bone's got those macho whisker
>thingies.

Heh...check out Feral in "Bright and Shiny Future" - another ep with great
fanfic spinoff possibilities. Feral's been going bald for quite some time, and
I guess the added stress of living like a Resistance fighter in MegaKat Swamp
kinda took its toll on the hairline (fur-line?) Also note that Feral is usually
Mr. Squeaky-always-Clean-shaven Kat, _except_ for this ep and
"The Dark Side of the Swat Kats" - where _both_ Commander Ferals
haven't shaved (Razor: "Forgot to shave this morning Commander?").
<I _love_ the "prune" jokes from this ep..>

>RE: Kats Plushie?!
>WHERE?! WHERE?! That would be utterly cool!

False alarm...blame me.

>RE: 'Secret Files of the SWAT Kats'
>We never got those over here in Singapore, though I read about it in the
>Animato! article ... what was it like?

"Secret Files of the SWAT Kats" were actually the "color models" of the
characters, vehicles, and weaponry placed on a kind of "computer grid"
background to look as though it was some sort of Tactical display in
the TurboKat. They had a voice-over which always began "You have accessed
the Secret Files of the SwatKats...Name: Chance Furlong...Occupation: Garage
Mechanic..." and so on depending on who or what they had the picture of. In
the US NTSC versions of the home videos, they have the "Secret Files" bits
placed in the spots where the commercials would normally occur in each ep.

Hanna-Barbera discontinued the "Secret Files" bits in the second season of
Kats, and replaced them with an incredibly lame barrage of stuff like
"Hanna-Barbera Trading Cards" - accompanied by the most obnoxious
music I've heard outside an elevator ("Hmmm....hm.hm.hnm.hm...'Wee aaree
Caartooonzzz.....' " UGH!)

(I actually learned earlier that there would _be_ video releases because
 Turner Home Video ordered Hanna-Barbera to turn over all the
 interstitials <like "Secret Files"> to them.)
  "I'm on the Internet...sometimes every day. I use it to plug in and feel the
   pulse of my audience. I think most producers used to wait for the fan mail
   to roll in. You don't need to do that anymore. There's instant communication
   with your audience. -- The "X-Files" Chris Carter