Re: *Ahem*

From: Timothy D Fay <fayxx001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 95 14:39:02 -0500

Simon Leet wrote:
>I came across an article about the Turner-Time Warner merger in Time
>recently and they quoted some top Time Warner executive as saying Ted
>Turner "teaches cats how to land on their feet" (in praise of his savvy,
>I suppose) and the article ended with "even a wildcatter could become a
>pussycat" (some reference to how Ted was happier, healthier, closer
>to his children blah, blah, blah ...)

>Does anyone else find this oddly ironic? :)

Not in the least. Turner and Warners are talking about a merger, so the
Warner propaganda machine goes into overdrive to make Ted look good for
the general public (and especially for their stockholders). And painting
Ted with the "family man" image will play well with the Capitol Hill crowd
who've been using Time-Warner as their "family values" whipping boy.

-Tim