Re: Bright and Shiny Future

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:19:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Ed Rudnicki wrote:

> but rather in some sort of reality denial - he can't accept what's
> happened. Sort of like Mario Cuomo when he didn't get re-elected
> Governor of NY :)

Heh! Or for that matter, Turner pining at his beloved Planeteers ending
up in the "also ran" bin at Toys 'Were Us.

> this is an "inside joke", and this Kat is supposed to be someone
> real. I saw the same thing in TLM, where a "background" couple is
> rendered far more accurately than the other "background" characters,
> and appears in three episodes. I know that the animators at WB do
> this too, as a WBer who defected to Disney told me so.

     Could be an inside joke - Fred Seibert's wife was expecting a baby
around the time this ep was made - who knows? Warners is notorious for
using the same BG "extras" in various shorts - in "Animaniancs", three
very recognizable individuals show up in something like four shorts (all
with YWD, except "Yes, Always" with PATB). Lets see if I can guess the
WB'er - Butch Lukic or Dave Kuhn by any chance?

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B