Re: The Videos

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 07:25:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> Well, it looks as though anyone in Southern Illinois "should" be
> able to get the 3 videos after Sun. Aug. 6. Due to poor renting,
> the only video store that I've found that has them will be putting
> their 4 copies of each up for sale. I went in to see if I could get

     "Due to poor renting". Unreal. No press, no advertising, no
promotion of any kind, and now the Turner powers that be will use the
poor sales and rental figures to justify a self-fulfilling prophecy.

     Too many people in postions of power within TPS don't give a damn
about SwatKats. Why don't these people die off or become victims of some
other kind of natural attrition and make way for someone who _cares_
about programs like the Kats?

> The only thing that makes me feel bad here is that Ted will neve know
> he had an extra sale. Actually, if I ever find the tapes on the shelf,
> I may pick them up for the inserts, if there are any.

     I'd heard that the selling price of the cassettes is 12.99, but I
could be wrong. The rental versions aren't likely to have the extra
stuff that the sale versions do.

(I wish I had access to the media above "letters to the editor". I'd do some
 ad-work that'd _really_ make Ted's boys reach for the Scotch bottle...)

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B