Re: (fwd) 'KATS more advanced than we...

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 95 21:10:26 PDT

Ed Rudnicki writes:
> >The 'Kats have gone from biplane to upper-atmosphere capable jets in
> >just over fifty years - and it's taken us over 80. (Wonder what
> >they flew in "MegaWar I" -- kites?).
>
> This grated on me as well, but I just assumed that the writers who
> penned the MW2 lines were as ignorant of history as most residents
> of the US :)

Well, if Megakat City is more technologically advanced than our own, then
who's to say they couldn't have developed stuff that quickly? Perhaps
the Industrial Revolution (or its Kat-equivalent) hit Megakat City a lot
sooner (or had more of a delayed action there) than it did the U.S.

I know, I'm grasping at straws here, but... ;-)

In other news, while rewatching the episode "The Giant Bacteria," I
noticed a sign that's clearly marked "Megacat City Salvage Yard" (yes,
it's spelled as I've typed it). Grr -- the city's name is spelled with
a 'k', not a 'c'!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. I think my fur's rubbed the right
way, finally.

> The best thing I liked about the Blue Manx was the symbol on his
> plane - crossed golf clubs with golf balls above and below. At least
> something is in the genes of the Manxes; courage certainly isn't :)

So you're saying that Manx's speech about "there being a long tradition
of courage and bravery in the Manx family" isn't true? ;-) Better not
let him hear you say that...

> But if getting shot down by the descendant of his nemesis won't kill
> the Red Lynx, what will?

Hmm. Maybe someone could consult a spiritual medium who'd conjure
up the ghost of the Blue Manx and find out firsthand?

--
=========  Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu, razor_at_netcom.com)  ==========