A Short Movie Scene

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 23:12:29 -0500 (CDT)

    Here's yet another brief scene I thought up for SWAT Kats: The Movie.

    While flying over MegaKat City after saving the day once again, our intrepid
aviators prepare to head home.

    T-Bone: All set to go buddy?

    Razor: Uhh...not quite. I picking up some punk stealing a purse from an
old lady.

    T-Bone: Let the cops handle it.

    Razor: But they all just got wiped out back there.

    T-Bone: What do ya want us to do about it?

    Razor: Well, I was thinking *we* could stop him.

    T-Bone: Let me get this straight, you want to stop a purse snatcher with a
40 ton jet?! That's crazy! We fight supervillians and monsters, not muggers.

    Razor: You're not just gonna let him get away with it, are you?

    T-Bone: No...I guess you're right.

    And with that T-Bone flies the Turbokat off to catch the punk. The purse
snatcher is walking along going through the purse tossing out what he doesn't
want: a comb, a pair of glasses, some medication, a spare set of dentures.
Suddenly a giant shadow looms over him and there is a loud roar accompanied by
a strong blast of warm air. The purse snatcher stops dead in his tracks and
slowly looks up. His eyes widen, his jaw drops, and his ear starts
nervously twitching at the sight of the massive and angry black silohette
hanging overhead. A voice is heard over the loudspeaker.

    T-Bone: Uh...Give the lady back her purse.

    The purse snatcher just stares and the twitching continues.

    T-Bone: You heard me! Go pick up all her stuff and give it back to her.

    The Purse snatcher blinks two more times and then quickly scampers along
picking up the discarded items as the shadow follows him. The old lady has
managed catch up at this point and is now looking upward and smiling. The
purse snatcher sheepishly hands her the purse and receives a wallop with it
as soon as he does. There's a bit of laughter from the cockpit. The purse
snatcher spies a nearby alley and is just starting to take off for it when
T-Bone intervenes.

    T-Bone: Stop!

    The purse snatcher stops dead in his tracks, turns around and notices the
Cement Machine Gun and an array of missles tracking his every motion.

    T-Bone: Just where do you think you're going?

    The cockpit opens and a pair of handcuffs is thrown out.

    T-Bone: Cuff yourself to that streetlight with these and wait for the
cops.

    The purse snatcher does so and the Turbokat takes off.

    Razor: See, that went well.

    T-Bone: Well, you could have at least said something.

    Razor: What, and let not let you have all the fun?

    T-Bone: Yeah, Yeah... Let's just not do that often, OK? I *knew* you were
planning something like this when I saw you pack those handcuffs.

    Razor: As soon as we got the opportunity, anyhow. But wouldn't ya say
the look on that kat's face made it all worth it?

    T-Bone: Maybe. Let's head home.

    And the Turbokat soars off into the distance.

            Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu