Re: Fanfic and Politics: A Response

From: <SUPERSTH_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 13:32:42 -0400

In a response to a Fanfic and Politics: A Response that Joseph currently
posted...

>I just happen to have a strong dislike of rating things because of X
variable... I believe
>that the content of a story, not a property of it, determines its value.

All I gotta say is that I strongly agree. I live in a neighborhood full of
teenagers, and as soon as they see the "F" word or one similar in a book or a
movie they say "cool!" and parents say "outrageous!". My point is that,
unfortunately, we live in a world of stereotypes, and there isn't much we can
do to change that (I don't want to change the world or anything, I just
wanted to make my point clear). So, before I draw this letter to a close, I'd
like to say this... FACE IT. Although it may be annoying and painful,
simplicity and youth amusement rule supreme, and all others are soon
sacrificed to prove this point.

Speaking of sacrifices... I didn't take the cancellation of the Sonic
Saturday morning show lying down. I complained endlessly, convinced many of
my friends to send letters, and E-Mailed ABC a lot... what did everyone else
do? I'd like to know.

SUPER STH_at_aol.com

"Life is a blast, as long as you don't stop to think about it!" - Sonic