Re: Joe's Bi-Monthly Yellin'

From: Bookshire Draftwood <rotor_at_PrimeNet.Com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:20:15 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Joseph Delacroix wrote:

> Actually, it usually does. Mostly, the Alternate Universe stuff
> has the more "mature" themes in it, from my observations, while the
> main universe has more "purist" works. Not to berate either class,
> but merely an observation.

I tell you what, why don't I clarify that...

I put stories in the alternative universe section because they conflict
with somethings that's already been stated in the main universe (or,
sometimes, I can't really see them happening in the main universe)

Here's a few reasons why I put stories in the alternate section...

they support the idea of robotization poisoning the bodies of it's
victims (Yes, Dan, it's certainly a possible, and probably accurate
side-effect, but I jsut got a little edgy about having it in the main
section)

they state origins of characters that conflict with stories in the main
section that have previously established origin of said characters...

they present events that would conflict with events in the main universe
(i.e. -- Sandra+Ryan in the main univers and Sandra+Joseph in the alternate)
(Sorry, Joe...Ryan got to it first. ;) )

Those are the real main reasons...as for the rest, it's simply a matter
of if I feel comfortable enough to put it into the main (and yes, Joe,
pure and more traditional) universe. In fact, lately I've been
rethinking a few stories, so I may move some up into the main pretty
soon...hope I don't confuse too many people.

Take care all and may Robotnik never develop space travel...for all our
sakes! =)

|David M. Pistone | |
|The 100% Furry and Anime Maniac!!! | The Rat's Nest: |
| | bookshire_at_rat.org |
|WWW: http://rat.org/bookshire | |
+----------------------------------------+ Glendale Community College: |
| __ __ ____ ___ ___ ____ | 67116_at_ef.gc.maricopa.edu |
| / / \ / / / / /__ / \/ /___ / rotor_at_primenet.com |