Re: Joe's Bi-Monthly Yellin'

From: Joseph Delacroix <hk512_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 21:27:13 -0500

Ratman, aka rat_at_rat.org, said:

>On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Kris Kelley wrote:

[well, he didn't write the stuff I deleted]

>> But that isn't what these characters were created for. Understand this:
>> Mobius and its inhabitants exist in *fiction*. How they act and what they
>> do is entirely up to the creators of these characters. To fly off the
>> handle and have these characters doing what the authors never intended for
>> them to do, and then try to cover it in the shroud of 'realism'... that feels
>> very cold.
>
>I don't see what the big deal is. Why can't people have imaginations? Why do
>fanfic writers have to stick with what the origional authors intended? I can
>understand you not wanting to read about it, but you are acting like it's
>somehow "wrong" that fanfic writers get off course.

I wholeheartedly agree. Censorship is bad.

>> > It's a part of human (and Mobian) nature to desire physical and mental
>> > love, fellas.
>>
>> I'll believe that when the characters creators say that.
>
>Again, why does it matter what the creators say?
>Would it be better if they put a big disclaimer at the top saying
>"non-standard Sonic universe" ?

Actually, it usually does. Mostly, the Alternate Universe stuff
has the more "mature" themes in it, from my observations, while the
main universe has more "purist" works. Not to berate either class,
but merely an observation.

>email: rat_at_rat.org WWW : http://rat.org FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub

Joe.

--
  | Joseph deLaCroix: hk512_at_po.cwru.edu | See: http://rat.org/bookshire |
  / MiSTie, orange fox, writer, MUCKer, builder, hacker, cynic, wiseass \