stats, and some old posts

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:37:04 -0400 (EDT)

I may as well post some closing stats on the list. They might be of some
interest to some of you.

Currently:

56 members on the normal list
19 members on the digest version
75 total list members

I don't have any data on how many people were on the list in the past. I
never kept that information.

The list opened on 3/30/95
         closed on 7/?/96 (hasn't been closed yet, so I don't know)
total time open: 1 year 3 months (almost).

Number of posts breakdown:

 3/95 6
 4/95 222
 5/95 214
 6/95 155
 7/95 172
 8/95 144
 9/95 110
10/95 161
11/95 160
12/95 625 - I have no idea what caused such a jump
 1/96 533
 2/96 250
 3/96 486
 4/96 534
 5/96 376
 6/96 480
 7/96 364 (as of this posting)

Total posts: 4992

By the time I actually pull the plug, we'll be at 5000 posts I'm sure.

I read some of the old list mail, and it seemed that the kats were cancelled
right around the time of the list starting. But the show was being shown in
repeats for quite awhile.

And here's a couple nastalgic posts... aww.. brings back memories. :)
If anyone wants to see more of these old posts, check out the list
archive at http://rat.org/pub/kats/list-archive/
(or FTP it if you'd rather)