Re: Fanfics N stuff

From: DJ Clawson <djclawson_at_garden.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:17:54 -0400

At 12:02 PM 6/11/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>> OK, OK--I DID IT! I broke it down! Is EVERYBODY SATISFIED!?
>>
>>Well DJ, it's only a suggestion you know.
>
>Gee, all I do is cut my fanfics up with a line like I saw Andy Hill do in
>his SWAT Kats Unmasked one. Works pretty well. They're only there for other
>people's convenience, same with the act numbers. But geez! Dosn't anyone
>just print the fanfics out, and use a bookmark, like I do?

   Yeah, I was wondering if some people bother to do that. Not like it's a
pain or anything. If the story's *too* long (some XF stuff I've read is a
meg big) or I don't feel like wasting paper, I read it straight off my
computer in Microsoft Write. Rarely, like if I'm reviewing it and need to
take a close look, will I print it. If I don't, I'll either hit the
"repaginate" option so the computer will label and page number and just
remember what page I'm on, or if I forget I just go back and *find the
spot*. Takes all of three or four seconds.

>>> "Children" was in 2 parts.
>And each had a personaliaty of their own! Beleive me, I know, I had to peice
>them together after the Internet E-mail thingies put all the margians in the
>wrong places (The middle of the screen?! That's a bit much!
>

>>Which is kinda hard to read (It's really big you know). But I will read it
>anyway , and when I finished reading it, I will give you my comment, Okay? :)

   Ok, sure. Thanks.

>Personally, I think it's cool that Dr. Jake writes, like I think (only MUCH
>less action involved). The Gargoyles overture added a nice touch!

   Thanks.

>>>"Vilthuril" is in 3 'cause it's longer
>>>(currently 152 Kb). I DID take the time from studying to break down each
>>>part into differnt chapters.
>
>My longest is over 300 Kb! Top that! ;) Which reminds me, I've got a few
>parts to add... somehow!!

   I will! Add "Awakenings" (formally Vilthuril) and "Children..." you get
359, I think. When I said currently 152 Kb, I ment 252 Kb. Sorry.

>Ryan "Snoopy" [Your nickname here:] Kelley
>SWAT Kats Mega extremist, anime fan. Who is going out of his mind.
>"No, you can't stop using Waisgoos because I gave it to you!" -Kristin Schaffer

Dr. Jake Clawson
(djclawson_at_garden.net)
(XXRJ13C_at_prodigy.com)
         "Accidents are conspiricies we don't know about."
                                   -Anonymous