Mutilor wanted some air: Violence in H-B projects...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 08:45:33 -0700

>If the ship that he use to drain the water from MegaKat bay belong to the aquians, where is his real mothership? And are there any more space pirates out there in the galaxy? If the aliens that buy the water didn't get their water from Mutilor, will they buy it from someone else?

Wow. We're reachin' for topics now, huh? Originally, Mutilor and his pet nasty "Traag"
(ripped from the name of Krang's "Rock-Soldier" General in "Teenage Mutant Ninja
 Turtles") were after the air of Megakat City instead of the water. It was suggested at
the time that various scenes of Kats gasping out their last might be bit too traumatic
for the younger viewers, and was changed to something more "visual" where the long-term
consequences would be just as apparent - though an order of magnitude less "graphic".

"Violence" has been suggested as a reason that the Kats was eventually canned, and
certain comments from Chairman Ted in the public eye and elsewhere have done nothing
to dispel that. Now I hear that an episode of the upcoming "Real Adventures
of Jonny Quest" was far more violent than even the most graphic of the katseps, and that
Turner.org has told the crew that "nothing like this will be allowed to happen again" -
apparently on the instructions of those close to the Tedster. Seems it was a bit too
far removed from the hallowed ground of "Captain Planet and the Planeteers".

"Watching 'Captain Planet' makes me *want* to pollute!" -- a friend