Re: Unmasked 2 and ... romance?

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 22:01:04 +0700

On Wed, 15 May 1996, DJ Clawson wrote:
> Naaaahh . . . Steele's a pain in the butt. He got his just desserts.
>Leave him be. Get a NEW detective, maybe a female one, one less annoying.

That is one of Steel(e)'s special qualities, he can be one very annoying kat indeed.

>>Well, send it, I don't care if it's a back story. It got Jake and Chance,
>>isn't?
>
> The main reason I can't sent it to the Maxie site is I actually want it
>going as a simple short story to somewhere else (like a magazine or something).

Why?

>>BTW DJ, you will divided it in section, wouldn't you? Since that I have a
>>hard time reading "Children of the Stone".
>
> Divide what into sections? "Vilthuril?"

Well, I mean to the backstory about Jake and Chance. But doing that to "Vilthuril" would also be nice too.

>For your info, the sequel is
>actually longer than it's precessor, or at least it looks that way from this
>point. No, I really don't see a reason to break it out. I'm not sure how
>sending it in a few pieces is any different, aside for more work for Max.

I mean divide it in lots of chapters, not part by part like "Midnight Magic". In "Children of the Stone", you only divided it in two parts.

>The speed you read it is the speed you read it. I can't control that unless
>I send it in in installments, and that's a pain. If it takes you a while,
>breaking it up won't change that.

Hey, I got a fast reading speed. Only that sometimes that I have to leave, and when I got back to reading it, I forgot which part of the story that I already read.

Example: I was reading your story, at then when suddenly... "Mutation City" is on. I said to myself, okay, what chapter that I was reading? 2? Okay, chapter 2. I will start reading it again at chapter 2.

>>>Secondly, it's an extremely Jewish story (I got inspired by
>>>Philip Roth's works) and I'm actually thinking of submitting it to a
>>>magazine or something (it's about 10 pages).
>>
>>Okay, so maybe it has some things, lets just call those things --
>>cross-overs stuff.
>
> Crossover? What is it crossing?

You know, it's like when you're using some Gargoyles in your story, that maybe not be a full cross-overs, but it has some materials that can be consider as a cross-overs. Well, at least to me that is.

>>>If I do, Chance will not be given a last name
>>
>>Hmmm, how about consulting us on giving him an alternative last name, after
>>all, you did get Charon's name from this list. ;)
>
> Well, I can't really find something close to "Furlong" without sounding
>stupid, and why bother? There isn't a need for a last name.

Besides, we don't really know for sure that Furlong is his last name.

>>>and Jake Clawson should become Jake Dawson,
>>
>>Hmmm... How about "Dawnson"?
>
> Again--why? I'll just give him a real name like Dawson.

It's only a suggestion. :)

>>You, write a story, send it to the story site. Me, write a story, throw it
>>into the trash.
>
> Oh, never, NEVER throw away work, no matter how much you think it sucks.
>You can always learn from it. I have a hole folder of short stories
>(non-fanfic) that I HATE.

Yeah, the questions is, when I do finish my story, wIll someone trash it?

>>Er, who has the crushes?
>
> Come on, you've seen "The Giant Bacteria." The flirting scene. And the
>scene while they're watching TV while she's in the park.

Well, all males feline do that. Only that Chance is a little bit extreme when handling things.

>>Well, one thing, Clawson and Feral don't mix, period!
>
>Felina isn't much of a Feral anymore, as you'll see in "Vilthuril"
>Whether she likes it or not, she's losing her kat side.

Hmmm... Becoming more human?

Oh... I'm very much aware that you're female. I said that pairing you and Callie is an interesting idea. :)

>>Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id
>
>Dr. Jake Clawson

Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id