Pondering the Rainbow Bridge & fanfic

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 21:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

Slow mail week. Yeah. Well, I was wondering if anybody ever did a tally of
how many kats cross the rainbow bridge (pass on, join the kat choir eternal,
are ex-kats, etc.etc) in each episode, and what the body count for each
villain is.

It's a complicated problem in these BS&P-influenced days. You'd have to
define what constitutes a 'kill'- (aircraft shot down, no chute?, Pumadyne
guards apparently eaten, the hoods looking at Mac's cigar-bomb in
Metallikats, etc.)

Sone of the episodes would be really iffy- was everyone out of town visiting
their relatives on Mutation City day? Otherwise having the city flood to
about a 10+ story level with hungry froggies around would have, *ahem*,
reduced the number of taxpayers quite a bit.

Anyway, right now I don't have the time to go through all my tapes (now a
complete high-speed set! Yay!) frame-by-frame to do a count. Do any of my
fellow fugitives from the 'Please, Please, Pleez Get Yourself A Life
Foundation' have the time to do this? Or perhaps you have already done it,
and have a nice footnoted spreadsheet detailing the results of your efforts?
=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=
Casshan & Terra wrote, on fanfic:
><nods vigorously> oh yes. The problem is, many people who read what we write
>are too damn lazy to send us a line to tell us what they thought! (Wahhh!)

Yeah! I've sent some notes to a couple of the authors. Like Terra, I think
it's a good idea to send some sort of feedback. It doesn't even need to be
detailed. I'm sure that any author would appreciate a simple note like: "I
read your story - 'Callie's Perfect Wedding Day part 7', and it was....
interesting." See- it's simple! (hint hint)

It's good to know that *someone* is reading this stuff. It takes time to
type stories up, and the advance payments aren't very high (though the
royalty percentages are astronomical!) Ages ago (Terra?) remarked that
nobody writes story reviews to the list. Is this something that the other SK
authors would all appreciate? Or is personal email preferable?
Paul Kemner
Callie's Perfect Wedding Day, part 7 (still in the concept stage)
The Tortie Papers- Part 8- being written now!