Re: Pondering the Rainbow Bridge & fanfic

From: Kay Chang <kaychang_at_eden.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 16:21:37 -0500 (CDT)

>Slow mail week. Yeah. Well, I was wondering if anybody ever did a tally of
>how many kats cross the rainbow bridge (pass on, join the kat choir eternal,
>are ex-kats, etc.etc) in each episode, and what the body count for each
>villain is.

Ugh, no, please, I'm having enough trouble thinking of what to do in part
two of "Blood Moon Rising" (It's about Razor's education about vamps; kinda
like IWTV)

<snip>

>Casshan & Terra wrote, on fanfic:
>><nods vigorously> oh yes. The problem is, many people who read what we write
>>are too damn lazy to send us a line to tell us what they thought! (Wahhh!)
>
>Yeah! I've sent some notes to a couple of the authors. Like Terra, I think
>it's a good idea to send some sort of feedback. It doesn't even need to be
>detailed. I'm sure that any author would appreciate a simple note like: "I
>read your story - 'Callie's Perfect Wedding Day part 7', and it was....
>interesting." See- it's simple! (hint hint)

I won't say anything, 'cause Paul said it purrfectly ;) here. =)

>It's good to know that *someone* is reading this stuff. It takes time to
>type stories up, and the advance payments aren't very high (though the
>royalty percentages are astronomical!)

But ONLY if we have enough courage to send it. I had a story that was never
to be. <sniff> It kinda died on me here.

>Ages ago (Terra?) remarked that
>nobody writes story reviews to the list. Is this something that the other SK
>authors would all appreciate? Or is personal email preferable?

Oh Gods! Somebody *remembered* that post? Well, I'm not being biased or
anything, I but think I'd like to see what [more then one] people think of
what I write!

Terra Chang

"Here we go again!!"
"You've gone over the edge!"