Should we start a rumor?

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 18:06:22 -0600 (CST)

    With April Fool's day coming up, I wonder, might it be a good idea to
start a rumor about SWAT Kats? I'm thinking of maybe saying that SWAT Kats is
indeed going to return, or that's there's going to be a big budget animated
movie. All it would really take is a few letters and usenet posts to the right
places, and what harm could it do at this point? The series has already been
cancelled, and what merchandise there was is now gone. And when folks at Turner
or H-B *do* deny the rumors, they'll be asked/told by dissapointed fans, "Why
not? It'd be *great* if you did!" Kats Fans are already upset over the
cancellation, and "news" such as this could give them hope once again, even if
it is false. Once they learn the truth, then they might be pumped full of
righteous indignation all over again. And *think* of the publicity it could
get for the show. Controversy breeds popularity. Could a rumor work toward
bringing back the show or planting a seed in the mind of a producer? The only
thing it might cost at this point is a bad reputation, and since I don't have a
good one in the first place it wouldn't be a loss for me. If all it would cost
me is the price of being called a liar, then I'd do it for the Kats.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/