Re: TCN and other Kat stuff...

From: Dana Uehara <razor_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 01:07:15 -0800 (PST)

> From: MATT WEBER <matt_w_at_beta.delphi.com>
> Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 20:23:18 -0500
> Subject: George of the Jungle?
>
> I was watching SK today (11/10 - The Giant Bacteria) and noticed something
> strange. Right at the beginning when TB & R were flying over MegaKat bay,
> there was an elephant sticking about half-way out from the right-hand side
> of screen. It started walking forward, and I thought I caught George (from
> George of the Jungle) on the elephant. Then it looked like the animation
> reversed and it disappeared off the right side of the screen. Is TCN
> running some kind of contest or something?

Bingo!
TCN's been running commercials about this stuff, actually. Thing is,
this'll tend to screw up anyone who's trying to get the SK episodes
on tape because it's not just a video, but also audio overlay (there's
cheering or something while the main program's sound is diminished).

I remember having a similar problem while trying to tape some Disney
TV Animation episodes -- the kids' club had a similar contest which
ran a banner at the bottom of the screen during some of the episodes;
and the episodes they chose happened to be some first-run ones, too.

As far as the person who mentioned the rumored new SK episodes, I
unfortunately don't remember who it was that told me. I do remember
that they mentioned something about another episode involving the SK's
evil doubles and/or something about the Pastmaster (no log, so no
details, unfortunately -- 'scuse me a minute while I go whack myself
over the head)...

--
====================== Dana Uehara (razor_at_netcom.com) ====================