Re: List Server FOUND!

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:12:02 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:08:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) Team OS/2 <acme_at_use.usit.net>
To: sonic_at_lists.mv.net
Subject: Re: List Server FOUND!

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Ratman wrote:

> I've heard several people say already that they are going to setup new
> lists, but so far have not seen a single person say they have a working
> list right now.

If there is user interest, I can run a replacement list on my shell
account. Just say the word and I can have things ready in 1 day. Anyone
who is interested should send mail to me directly.

I cannot leave background processes running while logged off, so mail
will only be processed while I am online. I am normally online 1-3 times
a day so this will not be a major problem. I will be able to improve
automation over time, but it will always be limited by my presence online.

I may be able to offer a digest (not mh-compatible). This may, in fact,
be easier for me to set up. I may be able to offer previous-month
archives, but no more than that. I will be able to keep the subscriber
list nonviewable to the public.

I will continue this list's no-binary policy. I am willing to allow
posting of stories, subject to a daily size limit (tentatively 50K).
This list's on/off-topic scope will be continued.

Subscribe and unsubscribe requests will be implemented in a way totally
dissimilar to majordomo's method, but no more difficult for the user to
employ. They can only be processed while I am online, so there will be
delays in effecting requests. I am normally online 1-3 times a day so
this will not be a major problem.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) [Team OS/2] A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius!
"Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog
StH JJ1 Son+ Sal++ Tal++++t Nic+i Rot+i Lup+ P++ Dopw $+++ E25 Ay68
Mail: acme_at_use.usit.net | WWW: temporarily unavailable