Thank-you's and what-not

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 23:38:08 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 22:36:58, -0500
From: THADDEUS BOYD <thad_x_boyd_at_prodigy.com>
To: sonic_at_lists.mv.net
Subject: Thank-you's and what-not

Well, following Matt's cue, I think I'm going to HAVE to thank everyone
who's made my participation in this wonderful world worth my time. So,
here they are, in no particular order:

Dan Drazen: You're the best author ever to grace Sonicdom. Keep 'em
comin'! I look forward (well, actually BACKWARD, as my issues come fairly
late) to your monthly critiques of the Archie comic.

Ken Penders: Thanks for your thoughtful comments on our comic discussions,
and also for keeping me from cancelling my subscription with your art and
co-authorship on the monthly Knuckles mini-series preludes.

Eric Goodwin: Your contribution to Sonic '94-'96 was quite appreciated.
Thanks for the utmost flattery in asking for my opinions while you worked
on Sir Kain's Story. Plus (no pun intended), you were the ONLY ONE who
listened to me when I said to get the BBNM; thus YOUR Prodigy account,
unlike the others', was terminated by choice, not due to fees.

Simon Howes: You made me re-examine my approach to stories (well...okay, so
you sorta just made me MAD, but I felt like saying that anyway). Besides
that, it was VERY generous of you to let ME be the one to save Mobius in
Mobian GPF. (BTW...How DID you know so much about me in that story?! You
had my brother's character PERFECT, and it SEEMS like you knew that Dave
lives relatively close to me, so I WOULD be the most logical choice to send
the frozen Jell-O cube to...)

Dave Pistone: Thanks for providing a haven for everybody's fanfic. Of all
the WWW pages I've seen, yours is by far my favorite. Also, thanks for not
complaining when I took your character and wrote an origin story for him
that was somewhat contradictory to what you'd set down <glares at Brent
Roberts>...finally, thanks for correcting the minor errors you made in your
presentation of The Hunt Begins. When Prodigy gets Telnet (they're working
on it as I type this), I'll be sure to check out your BBS...I wish I could
go there with just a normal comm prog, but oh well...

Doug LoConti: Thanks for bein' such a help in Mettle...sorry I haven't
really helped, despite being on the team. BTW, *I* was going to create a
character profiles page, but you beat me to it...great minds think alike. 8)

Matt Penna: Thanks for almost seven years (well, I guess about five, as you
said, when you take away the two I was gone) of friendship. When Prod gets
IRC, I'll see you there. 8) Keep in touch, ol' buddy.

Brent Roberts: Thank you SO much for not being on the list!!!

Erich: Thanks for puttin' up with the lot of us.

Ratman: You gave us this virtual community...thank you from the bottom of
my heart.

Lindsay Cibos: You're not a subscriber anymore, but you STILL deserve to be
recognized by everyone who IS. You introduced me to this whole thing, and
you were ALSO the first to join me as a Chrono Trigger fanatic...<VBG>

Everyone who's written fanfic: You've given me hours of enjoyment, and also
insight to my own stories.

Anyone I haven't mentioned: You've all contributed to making this a
wonderful environment...thanks SO much.

Thank you all. It's been real!

Thad "X" Boyd
thad_x_boyd_at_prodigy.com