Re: Mobius: The Next Generation

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:56:02 -0500 (EST)

>From: drazen_at_andrews.edu (Dan Drazen)

>> Suni--Who is working on a Star Trek/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover!

>I've been toying with a story idea for a little bit now.

(plot summary deleted, except for:)

>Sally Alicia II, however, hasn't seen or heard from her family in six years,
>ever since she decided to abdicate her place in the Mobian succession in
>order to receive her Starfleet commission. This engendered pretty
>negative feelings at the time.

Sort of like Spock and Sarek, and maybe Worf and his family?
(Though royal succession wasn't involved there, I guess...)

>at Academy when Sally Alicia II is admitted as the first "non-humanoid"
>(she is administratively declared to be more animal than human, and
>"furry" is used as a racial slur);

You'll then have to neglect the animated ST series that had Lt. M'Ress (sp?)
a feline furry who filled in for Uhura for a while... And I'm not sure I
agree with assessing Sally II as "non-humanoid" - that seems a bit
restrictive, given the other races that _have_ been classified as humanoid...

Interesting concept (though a depressing one) about "furry" as a slur -
I don't remember the fan-fic "Brynne" (which dealt with a future society
where genetic technology allowed humans to give their children animal
characterstics) posted on alt.fan.furry a while ago as going too deeply
into this, but it may have mentioned it in passing. (I could e-mail it to
anybody who wanted it - I'd rate it PG-13 for a non-graphic sex scene, and
a slightly more graphic violence scene.)

RDB