Mobius: The Next Generation

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:17:11 -0500 (EST)

> Suni--Who is working on a Star Trek/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover!

Et tu, Suni?

I've been toying with a story idea for a little bit now. It concerns
Sally Alicia II, the granddaughter of Sonic & Sally who is a Lieutenant
Commander in Starfleet. She receives word that her grandmother Sally,
now the Dowager Queen of Mobius and the last living Knothole Freedom
Fighter, is dying. Custom dictates that she return to Mobius, since the
family traditionally gathers when one member is near death. Sally
Alicia II, however, hasn't seen or heard from her family in six years,
ever since she decided to abdicate her place in the Mobian succession in
order to receive her Starfleet commission. This engendered pretty
negative feelings at the time.

Though it's not part of the story I've been thinking about, Sally Alicia
II has a further complication: a human for a lover. He figures in two
"prequels": one where the two first meet at Academy when Sally Alicia II
is admitted as the first "non-humanoid" (she is administratively
declared to be more animal than human, and "furry" is used as a racial
slur); and in a second story where he is assigned to the same ship she's
serving on -- no set plot, though I figure it to be one of those "his
last shot at redemption" kind of stories.

BTW: on the subject of relativity: Sally Alicia II is the daughter of
Charles, the son of Sonic & Sally who appears as a kid in the In Your
Face #1 special as well as Sonic #22. He's not named in either story,
but I'M the one who's been working on these plots so why not!

|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu