Re: Sonic 33, was: AIEEE, etc.

From: <Benny7dude_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 09:23:22 -0500

To Ron Bauerle (and all interested):

Regarding your question concerning Sonic's circulation ("is over a two-thirds
return rate normal and/or acceptable, or is this bad news for Sonic"?):

The answer is: don't worry! Sonic is in fine shape. Just the other day, we
were looking at total numbers for Sonic (including newsstand outlets, comic
shops, subscriptions, Toys-R-Us packs, bookstores, and foreign sales--
English language copies make it into such places as Australia, India and
Malaysia) and the average sale is a number that most comic publishers would
love their titles to have (and this includes many once mighty Marvel and DC
titles whose sales have dropped way below Sonic). All things considered, I
think it's fair to say that Sonic is one of the best-selling titles on the
market. In fact, we are now meeting to decide what Sonic specials we should
publish this year (any suggestions?)...

Hope this calms your fears...

Best regards,

Paul Castiglia