Re: Comix... in South Africa?

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:32:20 -0500 (EST)

> DTR!
>
> Someone was talking about STH comics and subscriptions, I would have taken
> this up with them, but I freaked out in the quest for disk space, and
> deleted my 2.3Mb of mail. Does anyone know anything about ordering this stuff?
> Oh ya, I live in South Africa, where the buffalo roam and the lions.. well
> find amusement. So I'm not sure if anybody's going to be delivering down here.
> Sh*t, I'm beginning to sound like a moron. Please, don't complain, I know
> you american dudes have it "way past cool" up and down there, just try and
> put up with someone from the gr8 unknown.
> But, does anybody know anything.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. BEG BEG BEG.. hehehe
>
> Cheers
> Ablater

Greetings:

All I know is that Archie Comics honors subscriptions in the US and
Canada -- I've had to enter a subscription in my own name and ship the
issues to a Mobian sympathizer in Mexico.

As for S. Africa -- if Archie doesn't have a rep in the country, it
would cost way more than the US$15 subscription price just to mail
issues to you so that they get there in a timely fashion (at the library
where I work, I'm in charge of forwarding periodicals to a college
library in Nigeria so this is not outside my realm of experience).

I'm wondering if the Fleetway comix get to you down there.

|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu