Re: Sonic's Parents (fwd)

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 09:16:52 -0500 (EST)

> Subject: Sonic's Parents
>
> Hi. It seems this list has been pretty much dead for awhile now, so I
> thought I'd try to drum up a discussion. I've often wondered, has
> anything (cannon or otherwise) ever been established about Sonic's
> parents and why he was raised by his Uncle Chuck? Does anyone have their
> own pet theory on this very important issue?

Teitelbaum (who relies on the original comics miniseries) simply calls
Sonic an "orphan." Have yet to hear any circumstances as to how it
happened, though. With the news that a story about Tails' parents is in
the works (de-Tails #1), that could afford a clue or two. Of course,
the comics (at least the ones specifically aimed for a target audience
of rugrats) are hesitant about using the D-word -- it never even came up
in "Sally's Crusade: In The Still Of The Night" [Sonic #18] when it was
clear that Julayla was on her deathbed and had in fact, by the end of
the story, joined the choir. So it'll have to be left to fanfic
practitioners to fill in that particular gap.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu