Re: Fleetway Subscriptions

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 22:04:20 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Brad Clark wrote:

> I wrote a letter to Fleetway Comics, asking them if it was possible
> to subscribe to the Sonic Comics in Canada, (Canada 'cause that's
> where I am...probably simular for the US) The response I got
> was rather confusing. Perhaps someone here on the list can
> figure it out?
>
> It went something like this....
>
> ---start of letter

[snip]

> As you can see, it's hard to tell what currency they mean, and I have
> NO idea what a VAT is.

They probably quoted prices in pounds. VAT is Value Added Tax, roughly
comparable to sales tax in the USA. You may not have to pay it if you
don't live in the UK.

> Secondly, how often is the Fleetway version published? How many
> issues would a subscription consist of? Anyone know?

It's published every 2 weeks. The prices they quoted are probably for a
year.

> The above address/phone numbers ARE Fleetways numbers if anyone from
> the US wants to find out what the exact amounts would be from there.

To find out how much xxx pounds is in your currency, check with your
local bank. Some newspapers also print this on the stock market pages.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) [Team OS/2] A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius!
"Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog
A! JW2 WAR++ PI0>+ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI0>++/++^ RU+
GDF0>+ BU++ MI- MM- KK-- Do $++ E59 Ee5 TRita Ay68 M
Mail: acme_at_use.usit.net | WWW: http://nyx10.cs.du.edu:8001/~eschulma