Re: How rabbot is Bunnie?

From: Ratman <rat_at_granite.mv.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 09:25:18 -0400 (EDT)

Mailing list server acting up again. It messed up internally, so Erich
never got a copy.

Replies should go to the author, not me.

WWW : http://rat.org | FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub

Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 08:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
To: sonic_at_sard.mv.net
Subject: Re: How rabbot is Bunnie?

Chris,

Sounds like you've thought this through ;-) .

For my part, I got no further than the problem of how a living organism
handles the byproducts of mechanical systems. My short answer: it can't;
over time, being roboticized will kill you. That's one of the subplots
I worked into my story, "Bloodlines."

As for being deroboticized, it would probably take far longer than
simple roboticization. The latter simply requires that robotic elements
attach to a biological host; in order to deroboticize, you have to
remove the robotics while making sure you don't damage the host any more
than it has already been. Proof once again of Drazen's Law of
Restitution: the time it takes to correct a situation is inversely
proportional to the time it took to do the damage [e.g., it takes longer
to lose x number of pounds than it did to gain x number of pounds].

|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu