Sonic: the Next Generation...

From: Fred Sloniker <lazuli_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 17:29:26 -0700 (PDT)

Ad coming through! (:3

-----

IMPERIAL NETWORK MESSAGE
FROM: The Master (Hear and Obey)
TO: All Imperial Citizens

Twenty years ago, the government that once wisely ruled this fair land
was overthrown by the ambitions of an evil man, Dr. Ivo Robotnik.
Destroying almost all of the monarchy and subsuming the government into
himself, he mercilessly oppressed the people and the land, his ultimate
aim seemingly the destruction of the entirety of Mobius. The only forces
that would stand against him were small groups of resistance fighters,
striking at his forces where he least expected it, smashing his cruel
ambitions and ultimately defeating him in battle, ten years ago this day.

Yet that victory was not without its own cost; as the Freedom Fighters
celebrated their victory, Robotnik's soldiers were finally able to locate
their hidden base by tracking the emanations of a legendary stone used in
the destruction of Doomsday. The resultant battle was cruel and swift;
in one stroke, the leader of the resistance, Sally Acorn, was slain, and
its most powerful fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, was lost, presumed also
demised. Without their strong leadership, the Freedom Fighters seemed
doomed.

Yet in this time of triumph and terror, one man was able to seize the
reins of power and guide Mobius back to peace and prosperity. Though the
records of this time were lost, it is known that the Master was able to
take control of Robotnik's remaining legacy, amplify it through his own
genius, and end the last of the evil doctor's abuses. At last, after ten
years of benevolent yet firm leadership, the air over Mobitropolis can be
breathed once more, and the water runs fresh and clean.

It distresses our beloved leader, therefore, to learn that certain fringe
radicals, styling themselves after the heroic Freedom Fighters (now model
citizens of society), have taken it upon themselves to assault his works,
his holdings, and even his very person. Decrying imaginary abuses, they
seek to destroy all that he has worked so hard to regain for you, his
loyal subjects. Be alert! The rebels could be anyway, under any guise,
and you may be the one to catch these dangerous criminals--

*fzzt*

KSDflhkagjkhWMQHLc*(C4Yl!748OLM

*fzzt*

DO NOT BELIEVE THE SMOOTH LIES AND DANGEROUS PROMISES OF THE CREATURE
THAT CONTROLS THIS LAND! HE PROMISES FREEDOM WHEN HIS TROOPERS ROAM THE
STREETS! VILLAGES THAT DISOBEY HIM ARE BURNED TO THE GROUND, THE
VILLAGES ROBOTICIZED! HE ENSLAVES THE MINDS AND WILLS OF THOSE HE CANNOT
CONTROL THROUGH BRUTE FORCE! THROW OFF YOUR SHACKLES! JOIN THE REBEL
FIGHTERS! GLORIFY THE *TRUE* LEGACY OF SONIC THE HEDGE--

*fzzt*

--and enjoy this glorious holiday, the tenth anniversary of the ascension
of our glorious leader, the Master himself! All hail the Master!

-----

If you managed to slog through all of that (grin), I'm looking for people
who wanna do a Sonic: TNG RPG PBEM (enough acronyms for ya?) It's ten
years after Doomsday, and things are-- different. Robotnik is gone, Sally
is gone, and the enigmatic figure who calls himself 'the Master' rules
Mobius. Things are better than when Robotnik ruled, but better is not
good. Citizens are oppressed by the Empire, sometimes subtly, sometimes
not so subtly. Monitors and guards are everywhere, ensuring loyalty.
Still, if someone wants to toe the line and stay within the system, life
can be fair, and few are willing to risk helping a desperate band of
criminals. For those seeking to overthrow the Master and restore Mobius
to its former glory, these are 'interesting' times...

Please email me if you're interested! I think you'll enjoy the changes I
have in store for Mobius...

                                ---Fred M. Sloniker, stressed undergrad
                                   L. Lazuli R'kamos, FurryMUCKer
                                   lazuli_at_u.washington.edu

Trials of a furry lover #47: explaining the scars down your back at work.