Re: Shaw! v, the world

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 20:54:25 -0500 (EST)

>From: Benny7dude_at_aol.com

>But do you like our new artist, Patrick Spaziante?...

>From: drazen_at_andrews.edu (Dan Drazen)

>I was sort of reserving judgment until he'd gotten a body of work
>printed, but #22 confirms it for me: Pat Spaziante is a major talent. I
>was particularly impressed by the very first panel of "The Return, part
>1." Very strong composition, though I wish Scott Fulop's text box
>hadn't been placed so as to partially obscure the pose of *petite* Sally.

I had to recheck my copy to see what you were talking about - hmm, _I_
hadn't noticed the placement of that panel... :^) But there were a few
full frontal shots later in the issue...

I definitely like his Sally, but it's a toss-up with Art Mawhinney as to
who I like better. However, I think I like Art's Sonic better (and also
Dave Manak's for that matter) - I can't put my finger on what I don't like
about Pat's Sonic - I think it's the way his quills are drawn, or maybe his
eyes, or...

>BTW, Bunnie was conspicuous by her absence from "The Return." Her
>drooling fanboys are probably interested in Spaziante's rendering of her.

Well, yeah :^) For that matter, I don't think we've seen Art's version
either, except on the splash page to Princess Sally #1.

And to drag this back to the subject, I checked the credits of Doomsday and
Shaw! isn't listed - I know he's done work on Garfield & Friends, but I
don't know what else...

RDB