Re: Forwarded from alt.fan.furry and alt.config

From: Chris Baird <cjb_at_brushtail.hna.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 06:28:25 +1100

>> What???? This list? Is there another mailing list?

> I believe he is talking about this list, and not that he is
> managing this list, but that the trafic was too high for his mail
> server to handle.

We're just in the initial brain-dump phase of a mailing list,, In a
few weeks we'll certainly be in the small list category... :)

I think a newsgroup would be a bad idea-- with even long-established
alt groups (ie: alt.tv.simpsons!) falling out of the feed here in
Australia and elsewhere because of the problems the hierarchy is for
news admins, how do you expect a new group to propagate outside a
minority of systems like Netcom? Mailing lists are readily available
everywhere and have near-instant propagation. And what if alt.*
effectively disappears as a consequence of S.314??

--
Chris,,